Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Angel


Thank heaven for good friends. I've been a scrooge this year and haven't really done anything for Christmas. We finally put up the tree yesterday :( So I was baking away tonight and not celebrating anything when one of my BFF's called and asked what I was up too. She decided to share her holiday spirit with us. She got a great deal (my favorite) on gingerbread houses, shared them with us, and even used up her remaining energy to involve the kids in her merriment! I stood around and took pictures and she jumped right in and helped them play. Of course the kids all had a sugar high and the littles started kung fu fighting in the living room. She deals with controlled chaos way better than I do. I worry too much about keeping it clean, not eating the candy, and she just smiles. She is a great mom and inspiration to me all the time. She has a crazy life but still makes time to do things for others. I really want to be like her when I grow up. Thanks so much Mitch your awesome and I love you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You really are lucky to have such a good friend...

Shauna said...

I completely agree! She is pretty great...all year 'round. Looks like, despite the mess & chaos, fun was had by all. The kids won't remember the mess or the chaos, but they will remember the fun they had building a gingerbread house together. Good for you for just going with the flow. Have a great day tomorrow!
:) Shauna

Amie said...

Those are some adorable kids and fabulous gingerbread houses!!! I hope that Christmas turned out to be good for you and you were able to enjoy it!