Friday, November 14, 2008

Bagging leaves


Fall is finally being cleaned up off of my lawn. Two Saturday's ago we pitched in and racked up all the leaves that had fallen. Unfortunately it wasn't very many. Of course the next day the weather turned really cold and a bunch more leaves fell and then the storms started. Today is only the second of warm, decent weather that you would want little kids out working in - only because I have to be out there too :). The weather has taken care of most of the leaves in the trees. So the little's and I went out to bag the leaves that my oldest son had raked into piles a few days ago, but didn't get bagged because it was dark outside.

I wish I had the energy that these three
"wasted" while trying to bag these leaves. They had to jump over the piles, jump in them, throw leaves, push around the rake and flat shovel, almost anything else other than actually picking them up and bagging them. Lucky for me they did help bag them so I didn't have to do it alone.

I love the smile on little bit's face though. He really enjoyed being outside even if he had to help. I wish this was something we didn't loose as we got older. I wish work was still as fun for me and for other members of my family. Accomplishing a task, doing your best and feeling proud of a job well done seems to be lost on a lot of people now a days. They would rather do the bare minimum and get sent back to finish it five times rather than do it right the first time. Hopefully I can help these three realize how good it feels to do a good job the first time. Of course there are still more leaves from the other trees in our yard, my big's will get to do a good job too! They'll love it!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

They'll turn into bigs soon enough and then you;ll have to send them out to do the job 5 times--or worse yet, you'll have to nag them for 5 days to do the original 5 minute job to the point of you screaming and crying. Then they'll finally do it and turn to you and say "Geeez, mom. It's not a big deal. Lighten up already."

Im'm with you sista--
:) Shauna